Friday 25 January 2013

heartaches and blessings...

I never expect blessings. Don't get me wrong, I know blessings will come my way - I just don't expect them.  If you expect to be blessed and have that expectation is it really a "blessing" when it comes along? Or does it then just become an expectation that you think you have the right to have?  I think I'd rather the feeling of being "blessed" and the heart whelming feeling that follows; that unexpected joy of knowing that God is thinking of you and in turn someone thought of you at exactly the right moment (with God's guidance obviously).

So where am I going with this? Today I was blessed. Unexpectedly but at the perfect moment. After a heartbreaking morning, I walked into my classroom to continue to set up for the start of school, when I came upon a beautiful canvas on my desk with a simple note that said "RAK. To Amanda."  I couldn't believe!  The thing God placed on my heart to do has been returned to me.  Someone was prompted to bless me and I am so thankful they listened and followed through with it. It's a beautiful thing to know that before my day had even started God knew I would need some cheering up and organised it all beforehand. This just reminds me that no matter where I am or what I am going through God is constantly before me and also with me ready to walk me through it.

I still don't know who it was from (though I have my suspicions) but it was a brief joyful moment in the midst of a heartbreaking day that I am truly thankful for.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh Amanda I love it too when God does that...it is so important for us to act when we have the nudge from the Holy Spirit to bless someone, because we don't know the whole picture sometimes and we often have no idea how much it means to the person being blessed.
    big hugs to you.
    Amanda XXX

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover