Monday 11 February 2013

Reflections


flickriver.com

Have you ever been been staring at something to realise that you have completely missed the beautiful picture that was hidden within?  The other week I was sitting out the side of my house having a break from moving pavers and I was just staring at this puddle of water on the table next to me. This staring went on for several minutes before I realised that I was missing the beautiful reflection this puddle of water held.  It was a reflection of my palm trees overhead surrounded by a beautiful blue sky with tiny, tiny ripples going across the water.  This amazing reflection was there the whole time and I very nearly missed it because I was focusing on the surface level - the water - the immediate problem (a puddle of water on my table).

How many times do we look at our own lives and the circumstances in our lives and only focus on the surface level and totally miss the amazing picture/reflection God has placed in the middle for us??  I know I have certainly missed some beautiful reflections and quite often its hard to look past the problem we are facing. But still it makes me want to try to stop more, stress less and look more closely for the beautiful reflection of God that I know would be there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover